Our current building has been identified as an earthquake risk – considering parts of it were built in the 1900’s, we’re not surprised! At the end of September, thanks to Housing New Zealand, we’ll be renovating, which is expected to take about four months. We have found a building to move to in the meantime, and we’ll continue to provide our full therapy services and full access to our 24-hour crisis services.
We’d like to use this time to make modifications to the building that aren’t covered by Housing New Zealand’s earthquake strengthening funding. These include:
- Sound proofing our large lounge, and the Child and Family Therapy rooms. The work we do in these spaces is sensitive, and needs a safe and quiet environment -$14,500
- Moving our computer server from its current location in the staff room, to a more appropriate location in the file room – $9,567.33
- The purchase of air conditioning units for the new premises, which we will then relocate back to our original premise – $5446
- Relocating our PABX phone system to the new premises and back again – $3,420.00
- Operating expenses at the new premises, such as rates and water – $1100 monthly
- Power and phones over and above our normal expenses $990 per month
We will also work extra hard to ensure that all survivors receive uninterrupted, appropriate and effective service and advocacy during this time.
HELP has been supporting New Zealanders for over thirty years, and as a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on the support of people like you. Whilst we have received some funding towards this major undertaking of moving premises, we still need a further $60,000.
Can you help? If you can contribute towards these costs, if you can, please donate via the Donate Button and please email us to let us know so we are able to organise a receipt for you firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, we’re extremely grateful for your support.