Get involved and really make a difference!
We are always looking for people interested in social change to join us in letting the government know what we think needs to change. Numbers count – the more submissions received, the more likely the government is to listen.
View submissions we
Justice for Victims Too
1. Read the Law Commission proposals: http://www.lawcom.govt.nz/our-projects/alternative-models-prosecuting-and-trying-criminal-cases
HELP supports most, but in particular:
- An independent advocate for the victim through the entire process – what we do from rape crisis and HELP centres
- Specialist courts with trained judges and lawyers
- Changing the fact finder to a judge and 2 trained but lay jurors and requirement for written justification for the verdict
- Judge-led questioning
- A treatment court
- An alternative model of justice eg restorative justice as provided by Project Restore
2. Contact Minister of Justice Amy Adams and let her know what you want email@example.com
3. Contact your MP and let them know what you want http://haveyoursay.org.nz/home.php
4. Invite friends and colleagues to do the same
Contact us to join our list of people we contact when a submission is called for, or for other activities leading to change.