HELP has an inclusive culture, flat organisational structure and a firm belief in consultative, shared decision-making. We passionately care about making a difference to the lives of survivors.
Positions Vacant – Currently we are advertising 2 roles at HELP
Therapy Services – Contract Co-ordinator
Reports to: Therapy Services Manager
Statement of Principles
- To work towards a society where relationships are based on co-operation and respect rather than competition and power.
- To promote and work towards a society of no sexual abuse.
- To support and empower women and children in their healing from effects of sexual abuse and support their growth and development.
- To recognise Te Tiriti as the founding agreement of New Zealand.
Main Objectives of the Position
- Therapy Service runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Funding contracts run smoothly and cost-effectively.
- Providers are well-supported to provide therapy and comply with administrative requirements.
1. Contract co-ordination and administration
2. Support providers on the ISSC contract.
3. Funder liaison
4. Service evaluation
5. Systems and processes
6. Service reports to draft level
Any other reasonable request made by the Therapy Services Manager or
Executive Director which would support the smooth running of the service
1. Values and Beliefs
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications for partnership and service provision.
- A commitment to the principle of the paramountcy of the safety and well-being of children and young people.
- Committed to the vision and purposes of HELP
- Able to work within the feminist value base of HELP
2. Job Skills
- Good computer skills, including speed – word, excel, survey tools
- Multitasker, able to plan and organise multiple simultaneous tasks efficiently
- Methodical and highly organised, able to follow and improve processes
- Analytical, able to visualise, gather information, articulate, analyse and solve problems.
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Understanding of trauma informed care
- Some understanding of counselling or psychotherapy to support understanding of the needs of the service
- Understanding of an NGO environment – values, constraints, relationship
3. Personal Skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including effective communication and conflict resolution.
- Resilient in the face of information about sexual violence.
- Keen to learn – willing to undertake training as required.
- Experience in contract administration, or other administration.
- Experience using a client management system.
- NZ Drivers License
- NZ resident or have a valid NZ work visa
For a full job description or to apply please email Diane Piesse
HELP’s 24-hour crisis service provides counselling, information, and support to women, children, and families who have experienced sexual violence either recently or in the past. The service includes supporting clients through police procedures and forensic medicals.
Our Crisis Team is always looking for qualified psychotherapists, psychologists or counselors, preferably with at least two years post-qualifying experience to join our all women team. Additional training and/or experience in sexual trauma recovery is a definite advantage, however, induction and training will be provided.
This role involves working with Police, DSAC Doctors, phone counselling and support, referral intake and face-to-face crisis sessions.
Relevant experience / skills required:
- Working with survivors of trauma and/or sexual violence and knowledge of crisis intervention strategies
- Have an understanding of the impact & effects of sexual violence
- Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy
- Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of teamwork and team dynamics
- Have excellent communication and Administration skills
- Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding online database systems, including data entry and reporting
- Tertiary qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy
- Registered with a relevant professional governing body
To apply please email your C.V and cover letter to Sylvia Yandall Crisis Services Manager
- Positions Vacant – Currently we are advertising 2 roles at HELP
- Therapy Services – Contract Co-ordinator
- Person Specifications:-
- Crisis Counsellor