HELP has an inclusive culture, flat organisational structure and a firm belief in consultative, shared decision-making. We passionately care about making a difference to the lives of survivors.
Positions Vacant – Currently we are advertising 1 role at HELP
HELP’s 24-hour crisis service provides counselling, information, and support to women, children, and families who have experienced sexual violence either recently or in the past. The service includes supporting clients through police procedures and forensic medicals.
Our Crisis Team is always looking for qualified psychotherapists, psychologists or counselors, preferably with at least two years post-qualifying experience to join our all women team. Additional training and/or experience in sexual trauma recovery is a definite advantage, however, induction and training will be provided.
This role involves working with Police, DSAC Doctors, phone counselling and support, referral intake and face-to-face crisis sessions.
Relevant experience / skills required:
- Working with survivors of trauma and/or sexual violence and knowledge of crisis intervention strategies
- Have an understanding of the impact & effects of sexual violence
- Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy
- Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of teamwork and team dynamics
- Have excellent communication and Administration skills
- Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding online database systems, including data entry and reporting
- Tertiary qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy
- Registered with a relevant professional governing body
To apply please email your C.V and cover letter to Sylvia Yandall Crisis Services Manager