HELP has an inclusive culture, flat organisational structure and a firm belief in consultative, shared decision-making. We passionately care about making a difference to the lives of survivors.
Positions Vacant – Currently we are advertising 1 role at HELP
Part Time Day Duty Crisis Counsellor
22.5 avg hours week
HELP’s 24-hour crisis service provides counselling, information, and support to women, children,
and families who have experienced sexual violence either recently or in the past. The service
includes supporting clients through police procedures and forensic medicals.
Our Crisis Team is looking for a qualified psychotherapist, psychologist or counselor, preferably
with at least two years post-qualifying experience to join our all women team. Additional training
and/or experience in sexual trauma recovery is a definite advantage.
This role involves working with Police, DSAC Doctors, phone counselling and support, referral
intake and face-to-face crisis sessions.
Relevant experience / skills required:
• Working with survivors of trauma and/or sexual violence and knowledge of crisis
• Have an understanding of the impact & effects of sexual violence
• Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy
• Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
• Have an understanding and appreciation of teamwork and team dynamics
• Have excellent communication and Administration skills
• Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding online
database systems, including data entry and reporting
• Registered with a relevant professional governing body
Please email email@example.com:
• with CV and cover letter by 5pm on 7th April
• if you have any questions or
• to request a full job description